Saturday, November 17, 2007

Nobody Move

I managed to get off my lazy butt and book a flight home for Christmas. I don't know why I wait and wait and wait to buy a ticket when Christmas is on the same day every year. It's not as though I need to adopt a "wait and see" strategy in case the day moves at the last minute. No, I must wait until the ticket becomes as expensive as it can be before I will buy it.

Thankfully I had miles (uh, 50,000!!!) to use instead of shelling out real cash. Oh well...seeing family is priceless, right?

After I threw the miles back to United, I had dreams of renting lots of movies and sitting in my PJs at home...eating snacks...listening to the cold wind blow outside. A smile crept across my face until I realized...I better be careful about the movies I rent...no R-rated movies...or be prepared for the awkwardness.

One of my favorite things to do is watch movies late at night with my dad. He's a night owl and so am I. It's quiet. He cooks me something. Even though I ate probably 3 hours before. We sit and watch together.

My dad NEVER really does anything for himself. He claims that renting movies or watching tv is a waste of time. If I rent the movie, however, he'll watch it. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

The problem arises when I rent anything that has a sex scene in it. How can you avoid it??? Don't get me wrong, my dad doesn't like the f-bombs thrown around or seeing random decapitations (though he did take me to see Platoon in the theater...)...but a sex scene is a totally different thing.

The room gets quiet. No one breathes. Nobody moves.

If the scene doesn't end quickly, I will hear my dad get up and head to the kitchen. Inevitably he'll return, but usually after being away long enough so as not to return to the end of the scandalous scene. But then he's always asking me what's going on!

Maybe we can all watch The Lion King and have my mom tell me how wise Mufasa was. :)

No comments: