Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ken Olin

On one of my trips to Starbucks, I saw Ken Olin sitting outside at one of the tables with a couple of folks. He's the guy we all thought was handsome on Thirtysomething back in the day (also married to Patricia Wettig who is on Brothers & Sisters).

I remember seeing him at some random DGA event over the summer. (More of an excuse to eat at The Griddle Cafe next door; the recess time pancakes have coffee-cake-like struesel on top.) The event was part of Outfest (one of the characters on B&S is gay). A few of the producers and cast members were there - talking about how far tv has come...

They showed a clip from Thirtysomething where one of the gay characters talked about how he had the "requisite oriental flautist girlfriend" as his beard.

WHAT?!

Of course my friend GB wanted me to get up to one of the microphones during the Q&A to ask...

"So, I play the flute for the LA philharmonic. And my boyfriend doesn't want to have sex until we are married. Are you trying to tell me he's gay?"

Uh...only if you pretend you are the boyfriend. :)

No comments: