Saturday, November 17, 2007

I Just Want A Little More

As promised, I returned (with LZ) to Zankou Chicken...the next night. Yes, I like to discover new things and then hit "repeat."

Didn't go for the falafel (this time) but sampled the tender rotisserie chicken. Why is that pita and hummus so good???

While we were waiting for our food, I tuned in to the most puzzling conversation.

John Doe: Could I get a little cup of hummus? I don't want a full order - just a little bit.

Cash Register Woman: We can't give it to you.

JD: I just want a little more hummus. I'll pay for it.

CRW: I'm sorry. We can't.

JD: Is there a manager or someone else I can speak to?

CRW: No. [4 other guys are behind the counter]

JD: Why can't I have a little more? I'll pay for it.

CRW: There's no button on the machine [cash register].

WHAT?!!!!

Needless to say, LZ and I couldn't stop laughing. But we left to sit down and enjoy our 1/4 white with fixins.

As we ranted about work stuff, we noticed JD and his friend get up to dump their trash out...and we noticed an empty little container on his tray that looked as though it had hummus in it before!!!

No comments: