Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gobble Gobble

It's the day after Thanksgiving, and I'm surprisingly mobile. I ended up enjoying two holiday meals...before my late night snacks at home. I'm not kidding...two turkey meals...and I ate a tamale at home later! Why can't I get full?!

Earlier in the day I stopped by M and MJ's place in Canoga Park. They are my brother's college friends from back in the day. They always invite us over to share the day with their family. I can't pass it up because my brother is there...and they have this awesome dog. She's like a little fox but bigger. So gentle and sweet. I love when she tries to get food at the table with her little pudgy tummy sticking out.

Later, I booked it over to the marina to catch up with GB and DG. A round of applause for all the homemade goodies. The first time I ever had sweet potato biscuits. And I made sure to have three of them that night. I was amazed at the food DG cooked. Move over Chef Tom.

The best part of the evening was watching their niece and nephews playing charades. I can't put my finger on why I found them so funny. They all had this carefree way about them. Being silly but having a ball. It made me think about how dorky you can be around family and they still love you.

Am I old? The tv shows they were acting out were Next on MTV and Little People, Big World. Or is it more disturbing that I even know what those shows are? Thankfully no one tried to act out The John Laroquette Show...

We ended the evening with a wild game of Taboo. I must be getting old if reading Taboo cards is totally fun to me. Well...guessing is fun for me. I think I was close to an emotional meltdown having to actually give the clues. No one look at me!!! It's too stressful giving the clues! I managed to pull it together enough to give out the clues GB was whispering in my ear...

No comments: