Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rebecca De Mornay

I managed to sneak out of work on Wednesday to attend the LA Arts show with GB. When a friend says free snacks, I will drive in the rain from Burbank to the west side during commute hours.

After parking in Siberia in the name of satellite parking at the event, we managed to squeeze into the shuttle bus. As we strolled up to the front of the big white tent, we saw William Shatner leaving!

Ok...where are the snacks?

Throughout the evening, we had a chance to see some interesting pieces. I must admit, I can't even imagine being so well off that buying a $48K picture of Angelina Jolie would classify as a sane idea. I will say that the Scott Richards pieces we saw were really interesting. They were constructed so that your mind and eyes processed different images. Very neat and different. Forget trying to "see" the dolphin in those pictures in the mall...

Rebecca was one of the highlights. She was TINY. I never saw legs that thin. And those legs were covered in thick denim! She looked great except for the fact that she almost ran into every painting she passed. Not because she was drunk but because I don't think she was walking on her own legs. The woman couldn't walk! Were her boots too high? Did she borrow Heather Mills' prosthetic? I didn't know what was going on...

No comments: