Monday, February 4, 2008

The Griffin - Atwater Village

After a day of work and some manual labor (did I sign up to double as an office mover?), I agreed to head out for a drink with TW. I always thought she was cool, but I could never tell if she was someone I'd hang out with outside of work. She did show questionable taste liking "the one I don't like" at work....

The Griffin is this cool little hangout with a fireplace and lots of good seating inside. They even have a juke box. I was pleasantly surprised by the fun songs people chose to play. I'm pretty sure I had some of them on 45.

Let's not forget about the guy who needed our "opinion" on whether he should go on some reality show to find out who his secret admirer is...does that line ever work for him?

After 4 cocktails, I can't remember much of what I told TW. I just hope that I didn't stab myself in the foot by blurting out my true feelings about the "team." Sartre was not kidding when he said that hell is other people...

A friend told me recently that I should feel better because now I know someone else hates it too. But just because I'm starving and I find out someone else is starving, it doesn't erase the fact that I'm starving. And that's not cool, right? Then again, I guess I shouldn't be talking about starving people because there are real people who are starving...but you get my point.

Although this job has driven me to have a cocktail every now and then, it's opened my eyes to the fun of drinking. :)

No comments: