Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bermuda Triangle

How did I spend $150 the other day at the Verizon store when I didn't think I'd have to spend anything? This always happens. It's like the eye doctor visits...don't I have insurance? How did I just spent hundreds of dollars on things I thought were covered? Oh - I have to pay extra if I don't want to wear coke bottle glasses or have anything made past the 1970s style-wise.

LZ stopped by to pull me from the velcro-like couch (you know, once you sit, you can't tear yourself away or is that just my lazy butt?). She mentioned having to figure out her calling plan / new phone, so I said we could go together so we could have moral support. :) This was after we sat around trying to figure out what to do so we wouldn't be lazy bums all day.
Before we left my place, I called to take advantage of some deal I received - sign up for 1 year and get 1000 minutes. Ok. Sounds good. No need for a 2 year deal! Not sure why committing to 2 years is such a big deal when I let 8 months go by without any decisions...

I got to the store before LZ. No one aside from the store people were milling about. The lady at the door made me sign in on the computer. WHAT?! No one else is here! Of course after I punch in my information, she tells me that I'll be next. Uh, ok. Does she not realize no one else is in the store?

"Leslie...Leslie you are next."

Why was the guy looking around the store for me? He saw me come in and no one else was in the store! So random. I won't be too mean as he was pretty nice while he suckered me out of my money and got me to sign up for 2 more years.

Apparently the 1 year deal I called about didn't have anything to do with getting credit for a new phone. I had to sign up for another 2 year contract. And I have no idea what kind of phone I just bought. When someone starts talking about options and downloading stuff, memory cards...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I got a basic phone and somehow paid another $70 for bluetooth...which I have no idea how to connect. ARGH! I figure I'm getting weird charges to my brain since I never use my earpiece, so using the bluetooth thing when I figure it out can't be worse. Help?? Anyone?? Those directions are written in the same english as parking street signs...

Oh - and I just looked in the bag...I have some weird cell phone "leather" carrying case. Why did I pay for this? I know I don't want it. Was that package deal really worth it?

My friend GB called to invite me to hang out with him and DG tonight. I missed the call because I couldn't understand why I was hearing a doorbell ring. Is that from the tv show? I don't think my doorbell sounds like that. And it's louder. Well, my phone ring is a doorbell sound...clearly it's going to take me some time to figure out how to use this one too.

My new goal is to master call waiting. Why do I always hang up on the first person?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good stuff! I love it!

-MS